[Finance] Rent as a charitable donation

Lokkju Brennr lokkju at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:52:13 CET 2011

Right - but your landlord can legally make a cash donation to the
charity for the rent amount each month, that you pay back to them as
rent, as long as money actually changes hands, correct?  i.e., they
write you a check for tax-deductible contribution of $1000, you write
them a check for rent of $1000, etc - or is your landlord prevented
from making tax-deductible contributions?

Loki