[Finance] Fund raising

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Tue Sep 7 07:07:34 CEST 2010

On 10-09-06 12:29 AM, madstringer wrote:
> So we(denhac) were discussing fund raising and trying to figure out what
> the good ideas were as opposed to the bad ideas. Anyone got input? What
> have your experiences been with raising money for a
> hackerspace/locksport/makers/etc?
>
> -*-madstringer

"Hey I want us to get a Makerbot.  I'll throw down $100, who else is
in?" - this method has worked for us for several things - makerbot,
projector...

Amusingly, one of our most successful fundraisers was our Pi Day party.
 Charge admission to those who don't bring pie (or
$event_appropriate_foodstuff).  End up with lots of food /and/ money!  Win.

-Leigh