[hackerspaces] Fwd: Vaping in Spaces?

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Wed Oct 8 05:43:56 CEST 2014

How are you all dealing with vaping and e-cigarettes at your spaces?

Issue has come up at ours, and after a PubMed literature search, we are at a loss regarding making a decision that suits everyone.

What we're considering is:

No vaping around persons under age 18.
Vaping permitted (as less bad than smoking) unless the vapor requested to not do it in a given workshop by other member working there.

This is contentious - we are trying to hit a decent compromise given the state of the current scientific literature. There is limited research on vaping on Pub Med.

Shirley Hicks
Board member, secretary & business admin
Red Mountain Makers
5502 1st Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35212

Email: redmtnadm at redmountainmakers.org