[hackerspaces] Member management/billing software?

Lokkju Brennr lokkju at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:15:57 CET 2012

I'm revisiting our current membership roster management and billing
system, and wondering if anyone has some suggestions.  Right now,
we're using a modified version of s2member on wordpress, to support
subscription/recurring billing of paypal and credit cards...  but it
is a horrible, horrible, system.  I'd love to hear what other people
are using, or any suggestions.

Of importance:
 - obviously, basic reporting functionality - current members,
recently expired members, expiring members, length of membership, etc
 - payment tracking - manual entry of cash transactions by the admin,
but otherwise being able to track and integrate with paypal, google
checkout, and as many other currency systems as possible (e-gold,
bitcoin, etc, etc)
 - recurring payment processing or at least reminders - the ability to
either work with google checkout/paypal recurring payment automatic
payment APIs, or at least the ability to send out billing reminders.
 - extensibility/well documented code would be a plus...  but open
source is a must.
So...  anyone?

Loki // BrainSilo.org