[hackerspaces] CarolinaCon Call for Papers / Speakers

Curbob curbob at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:16:38 CET 2012

It's that time of year where I bug, i mean give everyone a chance to send
in a talk for Carolinacon. Last year we had close to 300 people and this
year should be even bigger. If you've never given a talk at a con, this is
your chance. check us out at http://carolinacon.org

(All speakers volunteer their time and travel to give back to the community)

-Curbob

h4x0rs, InfoSec professionals, international spies, script kidz, and posers,

CarolinaCon-8 will occur on May 11th-13th 2012 in Raleigh NC (USA). We are
now officially accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.

If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking,
technology, robotics, science, global thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly
hacking), and are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-8, we cordially
invite you to submit your proposal. Please send;

your name or handle/alias
the presentation name/title
a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
the estimated time-length of your presentation
a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the
time and trouble of asking for it later)
....via e-mail to: speakers at carolinacon.org

The presentation submission coordinator is Zip. He will send you a receipt
confirmation email at his first convenience.

*NOTE: All submissions are due BY March 1st, 2012. However...we may be
making some early selections this year from amongst the submissions, so
please be timely in submission if you're committed to being part of the
elite cadre of chosen presenters. We value diversity so please don't
hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how outlandish.

If you present at the Con, you will receive;

free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
one free CarolinaCon-8 t-shirt
minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
free ride to and from the airport if you aren't local to the Raleigh area
and need one
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for CarolinaCon then head
over to the NC2600 forums and start posting. Most of our volunteers come
from the NC2600 forum and the NC2600 forum community will be happy to talk
with you.