[hackerspaces] May Hackathon

Ben Brown ben at kwartzlab.ca
Wed May 18 19:56:20 CEST 2011

Ahh, guess it depends on the group climate. We didn't feel it required
major signage or imposing zones, just a quick post on the member's list
in the beginning clued people in on the webcam's presence and we haven't
had any backlash over it since (people are welcome to shut it off as
they please).

We also didn't want to have webcams everywhere (our space is broken up
into four separate large rooms), but decided on one in our clean
workshop so (primarily) members could see if anything was going on at
the space at any particular time.  It's not set to record and it doesn't
have audio enabled.

Aside from the permanent webcam, we've occasionally had a HD device
setup for public talks with audio enabled so folks could watch online.

Cheers,
Ben