[hackerspaces] lunar calendar recommendations?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 20:42:37 CET 2011

Hello,
Thanks for really nice info! I think that the Islamic calendar is going to be the best shot for now.

I completely agree with seasonality, eating based on what is around in the season or what you prepare for the winter etc. Work more in the spring, summer and start to prepare during the autumn for the winter and take your "off time" during the winter season (I write from the point of view of Northern hemisphere, temperate climate). Now when the moon comes in. Well my opinion and experience goes like this. The lunar phase has very strong effect on whole nature and man included, at least I think that is the case (together with most of our ancestors). I've seen visually what the moon does with the sea in Alaska and well it just fit for me. In other words it is an ancient knowledge which has been with the "natives" for millenniums. I could may be say that sun is being kind of bigger clock, like moon = hours; sun = day. It may be not the best comparison but I think that the effect of the moon would be good to take as a major for the day to day activities.

Anyway I'll have to investigate more on that and I think that to switch for lunar calendar will help me to be able to see the effects of the moon phases on me more clearly, so in a year or two I can report on that a bit, it will take time ...

Thanks for help and we can discuss this further however I'm now hitting 28c3 so I'm going to be a bit crazy for the next week or so!

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi