[hackerspaces] will the fruits of our labors be used for good or for evil?

Pavol Luptak wilder at trip.sk
Wed Dec 7 00:05:21 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 03:39:30PM -0800, Al Billings wrote:
>    I don't get a choice about paying my taxes unless I want to go to prison.

Maybe it's time for anarchy propaganda :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIgztvyU2U

>    Most people are not willing to go to prisons. My wife and child would
>    prefer I didn't, leaving aside my personal feelings.

I am voluntarist, so I suppose _mandatory_ paying taxes to be unethical.
Anything (including social system, healthcare, ..) should be paid voluntarily
(to your chosen charities or non-profit organizations that will care of all
these people). This sounds like utopia, but it has a lot of advantages, e.g.
will you financially & voluntarily support wars in Iraq or Afghanistan?
Most Americans would not (at least I believe ;-)

Pavol
[wilder at trip.sk] [http://trip.sk/wilder/] [talker: ttt.sk 5678]