[hackerspaces] will the fruits of our labors be used for good or for evil?

Pavol Luptak wilder at trip.sk
Tue Dec 6 23:57:37 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 06:21:31PM -0500, Jordan Miller wrote:
>    so do none of you pay taxes either? that is where defense organizations
>    get their funding from, you know. so if you pay taxes you are necessarily
>    funding and forwarding these organizations you claim to abhor and protest.
>    take a chill pill people.

Few years ago I met many Americans in Reykjavik/Iceland that simply decided
not to support by their US taxes this defense/military organizations and just
moved to Iceland ... :-)
Anyway, I agree completely with Mitch.

>    also, please realize DoD gives a LOT of grant money for breast cancer
>    research... not how to cause it, but how to CURE it. same for other
>    cancers. you see, population health is also a matter of national security.
>    the world is not black and white, last time I checked.

But you CAN support cancer research without supporting DoD (if the government
wants :-) Just your taxes will go directly to this research (instead of DoD).
This is not excuse at all.

Pavol
[wilder at trip.sk] [http://trip.sk/wilder/] [talker: ttt.sk 5678]