[sudoroom] starting the year off well

Leonid Kozhukh len at ligertail.com
Wed Jan 2 03:52:52 CET 2013

*context*
google produces these
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTjHCCU2E4c>commercials at a high
cost. they then spend at least a magnitude more on
distribution of the commercials.

if you can automate the creation process, that would reduce costs
significantly enough to warrant $5M. this is the product they would buy: an
automated "google chrome" commercial creation app.

further, releasing an app to the public would be a great marketing campaign
for google on top of the original campaign. the highest bar to reach for
here is creating a general storytelling tool that teaches users to simplify
their communication down to be more effective and accessible (sorta like
the powerpoint best practices that you can learn).

*product thoughts*
the input for the storyline comes from a user.
the storyline can be constrained to only have actions using specific google
tools.
the canned media or screencapture personalization system needs to be mapped
to google tools.
provide an interface to pick the google tools to tell the story with and
input text for the specific tool.
create scene by scene, order, and bundle into video.

can potentially use embed.ly to reduce the visual media component of a
commercial to just a link pointing to a  piece of content. this might be
the way to generalize the storytelling system to go beyond being google
centered - more complications though.

*status*
i dont, personally, have time to build this - more than happy to have
sudoroom or a sudoroom subgroup or friends at embed.ly get the check. id
prefer everyone at sudoroom to not have jobs and be in charge of their own
time at all times.

that being said, im talking to art gibson from embed.ly tomorrow afternoon
to run this by their team - they like to build simple products to show use
cases for embed.ly, so they might want to build their own version. sudoroom
is hearing this first, obviously...

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Jehan Tremback <jehan.tremback at gmail.com>wrote:

> do they also want users? that is where we could have an advantage as a
> third party. but who knows
>

> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Jack Kern <jack.w.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd sit in on a meeting to evaluate if I could help out with my
>> experience and limited free time. First thought is that any piece of
>> software that costs that much must be a pretty big chunk of work no?
>>
>> Jack
>>

>> On Jan 1, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Jehan Tremback <jehan.tremback at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> im down i guess. we have enough sudo talent to maybe build something.
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Leonid Kozhukh <len at ligertail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> a friend who does business development at google just told me a product
>>> that google would pay  at least $5M dollars for. i believe this will cover
>>> all expenses, even potentially buy a building if so desired.
>>>
>>> anyone interested in software development and/or video please reply.
>>>
>>> --
>>> len
>>>
>>> founder, ligertail
>>> http://ligertail.com