[sudoroom] Equipment

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:38:23 CET 2013

The total cost ended up being almost $7000, but it's still a pretty
decent deal for what we got, 1200 x 800mm working area, 80W laser.
The money paid to the lazer company was about $5500, the rest of the
money went to shipping, US Customs, FDA, DHS, storage fees, port of
oakland, and lastly renting a truck to move it to our space. The other
thing to note was that it took something like two or three months to
get it (almost a month for it to come by boat, then another month or
two dealing with customs etc)

It's a bit dated now, but you're welcome to look at the comparison
chart I made at the time while researching laser cutters:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0ArzfvXpex4x8dHhpMmJINlNMclBjRm9uMmM5RExnVXc&hl=en&output=html

And our wiki page on purchasing the laser:
http://wiki.acemonstertoys.org/Laser_Cutter/Exlas1280

Here's info about the cutter itself: