[sudoroom] Electronic door access control

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:59:57 CET 2012

AMT bought their own electric strike panel for the door ($50-100 I think,
not sure), and then built the RFID access thing from scratch using:
* Parallax 125khz rfid reader serial ($40)
* PJRC Teensy (mini USB arduino clone) ($20)
* Sheevaplug (miniature arm-based linux server) ($99)

The parts were selected more based on what we had on hand / people donated,
versus actually going out and buying the best / cheapest ones. RFID tokens
are $0.25 - $1/each, depending on shape / quantity you buy (keychain,
credit card shaped, miniature implantable glass capsule, etc).

Some crappy documentation is here: http://wiki.acemonstertoys.org/Door

There's some other resources here for door access stuff:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Hackerspace_Software