[sudoroom] BUDGET VOTE: Future Space in this Budget!

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:02:05 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

Our deadline for passing the next month's budget is this coming Wednesday
Nov. 7th. For those who are unable to make it, we have set up the following
poll: *http://www.rationalsurvey.com/s/6229* This poll will close on
Wednesday at 7PM.

The key elements of the two proposed budgets that we are voting on are as
follows:

Option 1: Sudo Room will start renting the Art Studio space upstairs in
2141 Broadway and will stop renting the two spaces (box office & orange
closet) that we've been renting in 2135.
Option 2: Sudo Room will start renting the Art Studio space upstairs in
2141 Broadway, will continue to rent the box office in 2135, and will stop
renting the orange closet.

Budget for Option 1:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_6qzhQZBX8dHU0bWZaNkxpSkcyeG5WMVRwMVQ4aWc#gid=7
Budget for Option 2:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_6qzhQZBX8dHU0bWZaNkxpSkcyeG5WMVRwMVQ4aWc#gid=8

Photos of the art studio here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mk30/tags/artstudio/

You can vote yes or no for BOTH options. So for example, if you want sudo
room to lease the art studio, vote yes on option 1. If you only want sudo
room to lease the art studio (and not the box office), vote no on option 2.
If you are fine with either outcome, vote yes for both. If you are not sure
how to vote, email the list or me and we will help. Or you can come to the
meeting on Wednesday if you'd like to talk about any concerns in person.

Please note that we've entered 0 for backrent on the orange closet and box
office into both budgets as we are planning to deal with these costs after
this budget gets voted on. Specifically, we plan to hold a fundraiser in
the very near future specifically for space-related costs and we will
budget for backrent based on what happens at the fundraiser.

Just as a reminder, according to our compact, we need 50%+ approval for a
new budget to pass. If we don't get 50%+ for either of the above budgets,
last month's budget automatically just moves forward (ie, we'll keep the
box office and orange closet which we have been renting).

*Please vote here: http://www.rationalsurvey.com/s/6229* and we'll see you
on Wednesday!

Marina