[sudoroom] One Room to rule them all

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Nov 5 22:52:10 CET 2012

Hi Jae,

My understanding is that the regulator on arduino boards only accepts up to 12V without burning out.  Also, I accidentally connected a 12v battery in reverse (Vin<->GND) and the regulator physically blew a piece off! But the board was okay, and I was able to power it from USB and reanimate it.  I have 2 different types driver ICs - ULN 2003 which is basically just an array of 7 power transistors but works for unipolar steppers, and a more complicated chip which consists of a dual H-bridge with current control designed specifically for driving motors - http://www.futurlec.com/Others/UDN2916B.shtml  I think for the small number of these we'd need, we're better off just using perfboard.  I have some bags of etchant concentrate ready to go should we need to etch some PCBs though.  I'd be inclined to drill through-holes freehand with a dremel until the unimat is under CNC control.  How do you intend to use the laser printer to make boards?

Cheers,
Hol