[sudoroom] Intros rolling along...

Victoria Bogdan bogdan.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:15:37 CEST 2012

Hi ever-growing group of Sudo-ers!

I'm Victoria, an Oakland resident, and I began attending SudoRoom meetings
several months back. More than just something to do on Wednesday evenings,
I have so appreciated the chance to gather together with brilliant,
creative, idea-filled folks to hatch plans and build community.

My "hard skills" are in the non-technical, and my amateur interests in the
sciences. I make my living by being a grant writer and fundraising
consultant primarily with environmental nonprofits. I love a good story and
my work, at its core, is helping people tell theirs. (My latest project
involves capturing video interviews with "environmental elders"; you can
watch a montage of the clips so far here <https://vimeo.com/44285484>)

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the stories contained within places--
particularly parks-- and how those areas can be better connected to and
protected.

A side benefit of my work involves going on hikes with scientists and
learning how to read a landscape. My house contains more than a few biology
and botany books, so let me know if you want to talk plants. :)

I would add here that I'm helping to put together activities for
non-programmers/hackers for this year's Code for Oakland on July 21. We're
still brainstorming ideas for fun, interactive, and community-contributing
ideas, so let me know if you have any!

Best,

Victoria

--