[sudoroom] Digital Bill of Rights?

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Fri Jun 15 00:53:21 CEST 2012

Thanks, Matt, for sending this around.
The fact that the MPAA likes Wyden's proposed bill, albeit now under
Chris Dodd's leadership, makes me think that it should probably be read
for the fine print.

I've been involved in some similar efforts before and tried to slap
together a list with links to some of those and to other relevant
initiatives as well below. It would be great to wiki-fy these and make
some sense of the overlaps - if anyone else wants to pursue this
further. It would be most useful, imho, to piece together some kind of
voting record repository on digital rights bills keeping track of
congress-folk and to assign transparently derived ratings/rankings for
use by voters. (especially in an election year).
maybe we could start with Oakland politicians?

---

Internet Rights & Principles Charter
http://irpcharter.org/wpcharter/

Free Culture Forum Charter for Innovation, Creativity, & Access to Knowledge
http://fcforum.net/charter

Berlin Declaration on Open Access
http://www.zim.mpg.de/openaccess-berlin/berlin_declaration.pdf

A2K Treaty
http://www.cptech.org/a2k/a2k_treaty_may9.pdf

The Cape Town Open Education Declaration
http://www.capetowndeclaration.org/

Trans-Atlantic Consumer Dialogue -- Paris Accord
http://tacd.org/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=289&Itemid=

Geneva Declaration on the Future of WIPO
http://www.futureofwipo.org/futureofwipodeclaration.html

UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression Internet Report
http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N11/449/78/PDF/N1144978.pdf

Digital Due Process
http://digitaldueprocess.org/

World Summit on the Information Society Tunis Agenda
http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/tunis/off/6rev1.html