[sudoroom] Join

Angie Little angie.little at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:46:49 CEST 2012

Hi all,

The kinetic sculpture stuff sounds awesome!! :)

This is Angie Little -- I haven't had a chance to make it to a meeting yet
(dissertation writing has been a little hectic), but really really want to,
and have been appreciating the discussions happening on this list.  I went
to Matt's Digital Citizen's group meetings some over the past year, so he's
how I'm connected to this group.

Hmm, introductions...my identity has been shifting a lot over the past few
years but it's something like: Community Builder/Designer/Cognitive
Linguist/Physicist.  Things I love:

(1) Co-designing awesome things, like curriculum or programs or projects.
 If you want someone to brainstorm with, or think meta with, or write a
bunch of stuff on a whiteboard with, I love that stuff.  I also love the
process of implementing an idea, reflecting, and iterating.
(2) Language.  Language is crazy. I study the skills involved in how we can
best come together to categorize and define and build frameworks.  I try to
understand how language supports and constrains our conversations.
(3) Cuttlefish<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IznlT8XkmkY&feature=youtube_gdata_player>.
 They're straight awesome.
(4) Kale and Burritos

Most of my time is spent on undergraduate physics education, trying to
create supportive community spaces where students from all backgrounds can
learn together, about both life and physics, and do what they love.  I'm
particularly interested in how to support undergraduates taking on awesome
projects that mesh technology and art.  I co-founded a
program<http://www.berkeleycompassproject.org/>that operates by
consensus decision-making and I've seen how amazing it is
to make important organizational decisions this way.  I am hooked on the
consensus model now :)

I love this hackerspace vision of a space where the community can come
together to bring various expertise together and work on important issues.
 Really looking forward to coming to a meeting, and seeing how this
community evolves! :)

Best,
Angie