[sudoroom] May 31, 2012 - Wednesday Meeting Minutes

Eddie A Tejeda eddie.tejeda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:21:47 CEST 2012

I think this governing model is a good start:

SudoRoom Governing Model-
>  -Non-binding decisions among those physically present
> -Note dissenting opinions on the wiki

I propose a minor addition to this Governing Model that tries to take into
account the voices of those who can't attend, but allows us to make
progress on every meeting:

I think that we should make sure that if important decisions need to be
made on any given night that the topic is announced on the mailing list at
least one day BEFORE the meeting.  People who care about that issue can
either make sure to attend or give them a chance to express their opinion
on the mailing list.

This means that for important decisions we will need to be diligent about
meeting agendas.

To ensure people don't miss the thread the subject line for these topics
should be prefixed [DECISION]

Then, if any opinions are expressed in the mailing list, we should read it
aloud during the meeting, discuss the topic, but not prevent a decision
from being made.

The decision of the "present group" will then be announced on the mailing
and posted on the wiki. And because all decisions are non-binding, if
people feel strong enough, they propose alternatives on the mailing list
and at future meetings.

What do ya'll think?

--
Eddie A Tejeda