[sudoroom] sustainable barter economies (i.e., free stuff)

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Sat Apr 14 00:58:34 CEST 2012

I just bought my ticket for the Kickraiser and thought of a way to actually leverage the "How Can I Help" comp option. So within my capacity as facilitator of currency, barter, & discounts - I propose to the logistics planning committee:
All Hands Volunteer (http://www.hands.org) or similar service
We can get more specific about how those people can help and keep track of it while also encouraging participation and establishing market actors for a sustainable barter economy. in other words, we can get free furniture, computer hardware, painting services, plumbing help, etc. etc. for when the meatspace is found.
Yay or nay?