[sudoroom] kickoff + fundraiser eventbrite text - edit away!

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Mon Apr 9 03:00:39 CEST 2012

Victoria & Marina - great work! This is a really solid, enthusiastic
invitation - a few more tweaks and I think we'll be ready to start sending
this around.

Turning the invite into a Google Doc. Anyone can edit by following the
following link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mNcHMk9Q65RIJUTslqs-l12XOmRAn2N6s1WSjdQZ5iI/edit

Notes: We should avoid framing ourselves as "the first-ever"
creative/technical hackerspace in Oakland, as ACE Monster Toys has been
around since 2010 I believe. Also, I cut the following sentence: "Since
2010 Tech Liminal has graciously hosted our weekly meetings, but as we
grow, it's time to take our show on the road" as this makes us sound like
we're ready to caravan (though I'm quite partial to that idea too! trying
to formulate a plan for a hacker/maker gypsy caravan, ping me if
interested) - but couldn't quite think of a reframing. Maybe something
witty about how our current physical incarnation is a locker at TechLiminal
and we are seeking a room with no walls and eventually a space (hungry
tummy currently leeching my brainjuice sorry!).

Yesterday's meetup was quite productive - and Jehan made a sweet logo for
us! Will attach it in a new message to open up dialogue in a separate
thread :)

Be well,
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net