[SpaceProgram] You’ve been selected as Space Apps 2016 Top 25 People’s Choice: cress.space – a growing community

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:26:04 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:55 AM, cole santos <cksantos85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually we took the DarPA money and the project was a great success.
> Www.spacegambit.Com

A great success for some people, I suppose.  In a certain sense.

I pick a project at random.

http://www.spacegambit.org/satstatsim/

Funding: $20,000

SpaceGAMBIT claim: only open source projects will be funded.

Reality: well, take a look.

  http://satstatsim.blogspot.jp/

Excuse: "schedules slip". OK, but you can't check in any code, anywhere?

  https://code.google.com/archive/p/satstatsim/source

At least, that's the only repo I could find.

There's nothing in it.

It was largely because of my concerns about openness, clear communication,
democratic process, and leadership accountability that I decided to have
nothing further to do with SpaceGAMBIT. This was after feeling enthusiastic
about it and even defending it against what I thought was unfair criticism.

Really, I'd prefer to have been wrong in my suspicions.

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry