[SpaceProgram] You code open-source space apps for Constellation, Google Summer of Code supports!

Constellation constellation at aerospaceresearch.net
Thu Apr 11 08:48:55 CEST 2013

I just keep it short: You code open-source space apps for Constellation,
Google Summer of Code financially supports! Constellation was selected as
one out of 177 organizations for this year's edition of Google Summer of
Code.

For all of you already interested, just follow this link to get more
information about Constellation, our application ideas and how to apply[1].

The Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is an annual program, in which Google
awards stipends (of 5,000 USD, as of 2012) to hundreds of students who
successfully complete a requested free and open-source software coding
project during the summer.[0]

We're looking for students within a wide spectrum. If you're just able to
code a loop, but are an awesome mathematics modeler, or you're excellent
with writing code but just know, what a Hohmann transfer is, we're looking
for both of you! We're not just offering plain coding jobs.

Our Current Ideas are:
D1: Next Generation Distributed Super Computing - P2P-Science-Grid
A1: Solar System Grand Tour - a tour of one probe to all 8 planets plus
pluto!
A2: Distributed Ground Station Network - satellite tracking software
A3: Airborne Observatory Flight Route Optimization - flight routes for
airplanes like SOFIA
C1: Visualization / Screensaver
C2: Space Top Trumps (educational game)
Xx: your project! - if you have a great aerospace idea, just post it in our
ideas thread.

And, to be honest, there are even more great organizations, where you could
apply for. There is GNSS-SDR[2] that could be very interesting for HGG.aero
as well.
Just give them all a visit and decide, and then choose Constellation!

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code
[1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/aerospaceresearchnet
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/gnss_sdr