[SpaceProgram] Hackerspace in space - via factory in a shipping container

Alex alexcg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:31:41 CEST 2012

One of the ideas we've been pondering about has been putting a hackerspace in space. This article doesn't quite cover that, but does cover an open source factory in a shipping container to be used in Kenya. Tech seems resilient to deal with the climate/environment.

Wondering how well something like this could work in orbit or on Mars. Orbit would obviously be trickier (to my mind) since CNC shrapnel would just float around and could do damage.

The Next Industrial Revolution Starts in this 20-foot Shipping Container
http://gizmodo.com/5942294/

Sent via Flipboard

Alex Cureton-Griffiths
+86-136-8186-0166