[SpaceProgram] We’ve Already Passed the Tipping Point for Orbital Debris - IEEE Spectrum

cole santos cksantos85 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:19:03 CEST 2012

Space based ablation with a laser would be best. Small bursts of
an extremely high powered laser would vaporize one side creating a small
amount of thrust, if fired repetitively it would deorbit the object
eventually.

On the other side of things waste from the iss could be ejected as
projectiles frozen into optimal shapes
for pushing objects. Toilet to ice-cube maker, to canada arm mounted with
steam powered cannon. Projectiles impact objects over and over until they
deorbit.

Anything large should be sent to the local hackerspace in that orbit...