[SpaceProgram] We’ve Already Passed the Tipping Point for Orbital Debris - IEEE Spectrum

Matt Johnson railmeat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:49:49 CEST 2012

I think the typical human behavior has been to move on to a new area
once one becomes polluted. I am not sure how that would work in near
earth orbit.

Here is an article from 2/12 about a Swiss university effort to use a
picosatellite to remove an older picosatellite:
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2032/1 This is an 11 million
dollar effort so a bit too expensive for SpaceGAMBIT, but it is an
interesting and useful idea and a lot cheaper then most things in
space.

--
Matt Johnson