[SpaceProgram] Article: US Military Wants Space Zombies to Feed on Dead Satellites

Paul Szymkowiak paulszym+cchs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:45:18 CEST 2012

Agreed. I like it.

Reading the associated links, it gave me these gems:

"The Government Is Broke Because It Takes These Idiotic Flying Cars
Seriously"
"It's easy to just mock and dismiss something this loony—but Darpa has a
budget of $3 billion. That's $3 billion of our dollars. And part of those
$3 billion are being spent to take this seriously, giving Boeing and AAI a
chance to compete in this clown college food fight of a design competition."

http://gizmodo.com/5853290/the-government-is-broke-because-it-takes-these-idiotic-flying-cars-seriously

Just highlighted for me for me that we might need to be diligent about how
we spend the DARPA grant funds, and the projects we support with funding:
otherwise we'll have the joyous experience of being mocked and ridiculed in
the press.

Paul