[SpaceProgram] Costs doc

Jerry Isdale jerry at mauimakers.com
Thu Jan 12 09:12:54 CET 2012

I havent read the RFP docs but a 2 volume proposal is standard for DARPA and many other USGovt proposals Ive dealt with in past.  The Tech Volume is where you talk science/tech and management plan - they will evaluate on both.  The Cost Volume is looked at by a whole different bunch of people (ok some overlap).  These are the accounting nerds - and they are looking at all the expenses/costs and accounting practices proposed.  Read carefully to see what parts of the FAR (Federal Accounting Regulation) or other reporting requirements they ask for.  Accounting for a project can be a very significant part of overhead - and needs to be accounted for itself in the cost volume.

Sorry I havent got the bandwidth lately to participate more actively. I got 4 maker proposal/projects in the works now and the other 1000 that got postponed... along with my personal workshop building.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/