[SpaceProgram] Spreadsheet for proposal

Ricky Ng-Adam rngadam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 04:02:38 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM, cole santos <cksantos85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was assuming no one would need to be paid to do this except for
> program co directors who would receive food, lodging, and travel
> expenses but not salary. In general its not clear how the money will
> be spent. Do we need a sub budget for each prize/grant area, as well
> as descriptions or should we do that post grant?

Yes, co-directors volunteers living subsidies - mostly. I doubt they could
do all the required organizational work such as legal and accounting
without having to resort to paid consultants. Although we can probably cut
in the graphics design and translation as these should be quite doable by
volunteers.

For specifics on projects to be funded, we should wait post-grant. With the
new organization (additional costs here, as in the 100YSS DARPA was
providing for the creation of the organization), we need to establish a
charter, have hackerspaces join (most will likely need to vote according to
their charter to officially join) and then make consensus-based decisions
on what to fund exactly. What we should be doing here is establishing the
parameters and guidelines within which this would work.

Thanks,
--
伍思力 | Ricky Ng-Adam | http://xinchejian.com | (+86) 186-2126-2521