[SpaceProgram] NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition

cole santos cksantos85 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 03:23:06 CET 2012

NEA's, belt asteroids, and the light surface of the moon, all have
similar radiation levels. So to do low radiation mining you would have
to move the material into earths magnetic field.

The moon is in a gravity well and has limited profile of elements, an
asteroid, no matter where it is located has a smaller gravity well and
the variety of asteroids span the entire periodic table. Gravity well
= massive energy output to move in and out.

I added the draft tech tree to the manifesto page of the wiki, not
sure where it belonged on the wiki, feel free to change it as you all
see fit.