[SpaceProgram] DARPA-RA-11-70 100YSS Notification

Jerry Isdale jerry at mauimakers.com
Mon Jan 2 07:13:14 CET 2012

A lunar lander/colony may not be the best goal.  I forgot the source but I recall arguments that a permanent space station is a better first step.  Something more than the current station that doesnt need constant altitude boosts (L point located?)

Getting there and back avoids the gravity well on the other end - you only have to worry about earth's well and re-entry.

And a station has lots of the same issues to solve as a ground habitat... with lack of gravity to make things more complicated.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/