[SpaceProgram] Underwater laboratory for Space exploration

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Thu Aug 2 20:27:21 CEST 2012

I like the idea of using underwater as a proving ground for some idea.
 Space electrical systems not so much as the needs are definitely
different.  But long term unpredictable maintenance... certainly.  I'd
see an underwater lab that can be self sufficient for years as a
terrific proving ground for mars base designs.  While at the same time
being a great research station for underwater biologists and
geologists.

The ocean could be space engineerings chaos monkey and its host of
problems its simian army... so to speak.

And at a time when under water ocean research is under fire and
underwater labs are nearing extinction I personally would be willing
to throw in a significant effort.  If 10 years from now someone was
operating a self sufficient underwater base and maintaining it.  It
would be a near proof that we could sustain a presence on mars for a
prolonged period.  Much of the problems would be analogous.
Especially the need for constant vigilance and upkeep of the facility.

-Matt

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM, David <ainut at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Um, how can that be?  Has it happened to you?

With great power comes great responsibility.  - Stan Lee