[SpaceProgram] Introduction & Leightweight probes

Andreas Sturm masterstorm123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 19:34:33 CEST 2012

>Thanks for that info, good to know! I am more thinking in some >simple
>predator-prey system with bacteria to do this. But I still need to >think
>about it before I come up with the actual test subjects. :)

Lichens are quite that:

The algea produce food and oxygen while the fungus consumes it.

Netto, there's hardly growth - and that is, why lichens grow very very
slow. -> A good balanced system!

If you could engineer lichens to be bioluminescent/or fluorescent, you
could see that they are alive without measuring the gas flow rates /
fotosynthesis rates etc. As long as they glow, they are alive.