[SpaceProgram] MIT Tech review: Planetary Resources -- a New Asteroid Mining Operation?

cole santos cksantos85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:06:05 CEST 2012

That number radically alters depending on lift price and in-situ
resource utilization for fuel and lodging.

Inflatable mold nickel boron CVD has the potential to dominate mining
in space because it is in either a gas or liquid states during
processing which allows preexisting pumping and equipment for mining.
A inflatable module with a airlock could be used to extract the nickel
with CO under relatively benign temperatures and pressures.

But yea i was definitely stoked to hear about this. Stratolaunch
Systems + Planetary Resources + Bigelow + Ad Astra Rocket Company = An
Interesting Decade