[SpaceProgram] Fwd: 100 Year Starship (100YSS) DARPA Solicitation Announcement Posted

Ricky Ng-Adam rngadam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:58:16 CEST 2011

Hello!

Solicitation request has been posted by DARPA and my plane ticket to Orlando
for the symposium has also been booked.

The roundtable this week was quite interesting in terms of the key role
Hackerspaces can play in the future of manufacturing.

Also visited the local Singapore Hackerspace (http://hackerspace.sg) and the
Ground Up Initiative (GUI: http://www.groundupinitiative.org) through
meeting Tan Huei Ming from the National University of Singapore.  Tan Huei
Ming also submitted a proposal to the 100YSS so we had quite interesting
discussions on our approaches and collaboration.

I'll do a write up when I come back from Singapore so expect more details
soon.  Key to our effort will be to build a wide and deep community that can
take on the RFP and compete with private and commercial interests.