[Spaceapi-devel] Linked Data, DOAP, JSON-LD

☮ elf Pavlik ☮ perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Mon Sep 3 09:26:40 CEST 2012

ahoy!

what do you think about taking advantage of *Linked Data* technologies?
http://linkeddata.org/

we could try to reuse+extend DOAP vocabulary "Definition of a Project":
https://github.com/edumbill/doap/wiki

and express RDF graphs in very recent JSON-LD:
http://json-ld.org/

BTW Linked Data goes beyond RDF but atm it looks like the most common way of working with it...

i see many advantages of getting into groove with link data, hackerspaces could start using DOAP for projects whey work on which could make it easier for various autonomous agregators/directories. also LD embraces distributed nature of The Web which i believe people in our community also appreciate :D

some intro videos from Manu Sporny (leading JSON-LD development)
"What is Linked Data?": http://youtu.be/4x_xzT5eF5Q
"What is JSON-LD?": http://youtu.be/vioCbTo3C-4