[Pen] New AP needed

Gavin Hanover gavin at subnets.org
Fri Jan 13 04:54:41 CET 2012

you don't fly from DTW to LAX 18 hours a day, every day, unless you're a
pilot.

last i read on dd-wrt on WAP54G was it works, but not recommended. probably
because it only has one network port, where the WRT54G has multiple?

i haven't had much luck in the AP area in the last 5 years. previous
employer had a d-link that worked 1/2 the time. i had a netgear that was
so-so, until it died last year. replaced with a used WAP54G that was again
so-so. replaced that with a cisco RV120W that has been pretty good so far.
better range than anything i've used in the past (including older cisco
hardware), some basic VLAN and QOS abilities (i can create separate
wireless SSIDs on different VLANs, one for me, one for the neighbors to
piggy back on, and give me 90% max bandwidth and neighbors 10%).

that said, anyone want to buy a PIX501 (10 user license)? $30 + shipping.

--
0xAC7DFDE0877E7364