[Lyon-hackerspace] Fwd: The plan you made

Jean-François Bachelet jfbachelet at free.fr
Mer 15 Oct 14:47:27 CEST 2014

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	The plan you made
Date : 	Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:03:46 -0400 (EDT)
De : 	Meghan Sali <contact at openmedia.org>
Répondre à : 	contact at openmedia.org
Pour : 	odette.bachelet at free.fr

<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=g5OQtIQHmdRYwNI49B7K3FwCgkSy2uoT>

*It’s finally here: OpenMedia’s positive vision for sharing and
collaborating online. Over 300,000 people from around the world helped
shape our plan for modernizing copyright laws for the 21st century. *

*The more people who rally behind our positive alternative to the
Trans-Pacific Partnership’s Internet Censorship plan, the harder we’ll
be to ignore. Read our report online now - and send our powerful
recommendations to key decision-makers.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L6xRUZHRhBLh3Nj0h9j8eFwCgkSy2uoT>*

Take Action!
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=souw0m7jkkP9i2uCZXIMb1wCgkSy2uoT>

OpenMedia works hard to keep our community informed about how Big
Telecom wants to control what we see and do online - most recently it
was their plan to force our Internet into a slow lane^1 .

Now, our community is head-to-head with Internet censorship through the
largest-ever international trade agreement - the Trans-Pacific
Partnership (TPP).

We’ve heard from hundreds of thousands of people worldwide^2 that they
are concerned that new regulations that would be imposed under the TPP
could *make our Internet more expensive, censored, and policed.^3 *

*We need to take action now to stop the TPP Internet censorship plan
from becoming a reality. Read our crowdsourced report on Free Expression
- and send to decision-makers our positive vision for sharing and
collaborating online.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TDNGVn9wYzDZF0XvDzUwR1wCgkSy2uoT>*

If we told you that over 300,000 people from 155 countries around the
world came together to create this solution for how to preserve Internet
freedom - would you believe it?

Seeing is believing - read our crowdsourced plan and send it to your
decision-makers with our tool now.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zKUxgyHRUzaScj3VU8I9h1wCgkSy2uoT>

*After all, the Internet is our shared public platform* - all those who
use it should be engaged in key decisions that will shape its future.

Our report comes at a critical time - *in just a few days, industry
lobbyists and bureaucrats are meeting in Canberra, Australia in an
attempt to push through their Internet censorship plan.^4 *

It’s more important than ever that the pro-Internet community comes
together to present a positive alternative.

At OpenMedia we believe rules governing our online expression should be
shaped by the people who would be most impacted by them - Internet users
like you, Odette.

This report represents our shared positive vision -- creating it
wouldn't have been possible without our donors, sharers, and digital
activists like you.

Watching people all over the world come together to take back power over
the Internet has been so inspiring.

*That’s why we need you to help us make this go viral. Read our report
and send it to decision-makers in your area. *
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0NLZW4VyYdpqqWoZsEiTM1wCgkSy2uoT>

Be part of the positive vision,

Josh, Meghan, Reilly and Steve, on behalf of your OpenMedia team

/P.S.: You’ve helped us get 90% of the way there - now help push us over
the edge! Donate to help us get our report into the hands of
decision-makers
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7i%2Ff9Z8BE3lX9c4pZ2Q8iFwCgkSy2uoT>
around the world, so that we can make the biggest impact possible./

*Footnotes*
[1] Big Telecom vs. the World. Source.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=u3VRHu3JkKtpy1uZQe%2BxHlwCgkSy2uoT>
[2] **Total numbers from all OpenMedia actions on free expression
include: http://stopthetrap.net - 112,145 signatures,
http://ourfairdeal.org - 19,694 signatures, https://openmedia.org/froman
- 22,867 signatures, https://openmedia.org/censorship - 141,130
signatures, https://stopthesecrecy.net - 161,026 signatures,
https://openmedia.org/expression - 62,670 signatures,
https://openmedia.org/letter - 912 supporters, who used our Letter to
the Editor tool, https://openmedia.org/facetoface - 29,041 participants
(with duplicate actions removed, the number of unique supporters is
~316,000)
[3] Broad coalition to TPP governments: pull provisions that restrict
access to knowledge and open innovation. Source.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lEP%2F12pA0VDL0quiabk0k1wCgkSy2uoT>
[4] TPP ministerial session eyed for Oct. 25 to 27. Japan Times.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0VmuXDlZmPoZ6HmeiEucjFwCgkSy2uoT>

OpenMedia.org
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=S9BwmP58V%2BLhK8Sn8Spok1wCgkSy2uoT>

We are an award-winning network of people and organizations working to
safeguard the possibilities of the open Internet. We work toward
informed and participatory digital policy. You can follow us on
*Twitter*
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=21plU%2F79615urfMHoe8aw1wCgkSy2uoT>,
and like us on *Facebook*
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GE03VPuhebSb8eAssN3BW1wCgkSy2uoT>.

We rely on donations from people like you to operate. Even the smallest
contributions go a long way to make your voice heard. *
Please consider donating today.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z5s0HUMEOB0%2F3x4xgXWOYWd7B8KZKi3q>*

You have received this message, because you have subscribed to
OpenMedia's list with the email address odette.bachelet at free.fr.
You can manage your email preferences.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2tHvNmajeSpbmAqrjkRJkFwCgkSy2uoT>
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click here
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xlNxB8nb4lcOblgH5mIl6FwCgkSy2uoT>
to unsubscribe.

---