[Hackupy-discuss] Your Inbox: Occupied - OWS Updates for the Week of March 19

Nick Farr nick at nickfarr.org
Thu Mar 22 10:23:47 CET 2012

Perhaps I should start a new thread for this, but most of you heard that
OWS is gearing up for an occupation of Union Square:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Square_(New_York_City)

While nothing has been decided/announced at the GA yet, the focus of this
occupation seems to be "Occupying While Mobile".  Attempts to erect tents,
etc. have not been successful, so any ideas on:

1) Sleeping/Creating a "wearable" structures that can move very easily, are
like clothing (i.e. attached to people) and still allow enough freedom of
movement, comfortable enough to sleep on a hard surface and portable enough
to packed away if needed.
2) Interlocking tables and Whiteboardd-like materials that are durable, can
create large tables/whiteboards, can be easily assembled and disassembled
and carried away in a hurry.
3) Chairs and other portable furniture.

Obviously, things like this can be bought off the shelf, as I did
today...but things that can create larger structures or even temporary
barriers against police would be incredibly helpful.  Ideas?

Nick Farr
http://nickfarr.org
+1 203 441-3277
D762E03B / N0FAR