[Hackupy-discuss] Dovetail protester communications system

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Tue Jan 10 17:44:12 CET 2012

Yes, like BitTorrent, which is very public but which people use as though
it were sekrit sekurity. Nevertheless, BitTorrent remains a good way to
download stuff.

It's OK for functionality like this to run ahead of security, so long as
that fact is very public.  In this case, if the "how it works" page is
accurate, there are some big holes -- for example, it seems as though a
couple of sniffers could get a *lot* of data -- but it also seems like an
interesting product, if you strip out the security claims and make the
risks public.

--S

--
Shannon Lee