[Hackupy-discuss] Aerial camera platform

Joachim Pedersen joachimp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:24:35 CET 2011

Though I seriously doubt the out of the box range, the next generation
of GoPro will supposedly support 802.11(b/g/n?) video downlink with a
'wifi-backpack' addition. The addition of a high gain antenna on the
ground station might be sufficient to maintain the link. Unfortunately
the wifi-backpack will not provide downlink from older GoPros.

I think this could work really well for a pole-climber cam, balloon,
or other more or less stationary observation platforms. I'm thinking
it will be a lower cost remote imaging platform when compared to a
dedicated smartphone.

-Joachim