[Hackupy-discuss] Aerial camera platform

planetary planetary at plntry.net
Sat Dec 31 00:50:25 CET 2011

We have had great reaults with the LG Optimus V rooted with Superuser. Solid 3G connection in LA and NYC (a Sprint MVNO), it's tiny and light but powerful, easy to root (superuser only gives great results), and best of all it's a $125 over the counter device that can run on Virgin prepaid plans. You don't even have to top up every month to keep svc alive in the limited plans.

Light, performative, easy to use, and supercheap relative to other EVDO devices.

That said we haven't extensively tested USB tethering, just WiFi hotspot comfigured using Quick Settings (not root required).  There is a well reviewed tether app for rooted devices we've been meaning to test.

Does hobbyking do bulk discounts on these parts? Have you discussed minimum volumes?