[Hackupy-discuss] USB Chargers

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Dec 4 23:03:00 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 12:39:20PM -0800, Dana S. wrote:
> I created a wiki page so folks can share information on their USB charging
> projects:
>
> http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Hackupy/USB_Charger
>
> This weekend I put together a USB charger box for OSF (solar driven) and
> will hopefully get a chance to field test it, do a more thorough write up
> this week!

We got 4 kits from Tokyo Hackerspace (THS) that I gave to ... Miloh I
think.  They are built around a neat DC-DC switching regulator that you
can only get at one particular kiosk in Akihabara, they take 12V input
and provide regulated 5V on 4 USB ports, with the relevant resistors set
up so that iPods will charge correctly.

The kits are at Noisebridge and are intended for OccupySF.  I dunno if
they've been soldered together already or not...

-andy