[Hackupy-discuss] Bay Area Occupy Tech

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Fri Dec 2 18:52:51 CET 2011

Hi Sarah,

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:40:43 -0800, Sarah <pagescster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing to ask any computer technology - minded people in the Bay Area
> to consider joining the Bay Area Occupy Tech group, which is basically
> for Bay Area tech folk to collaborate and coordinate, specifically around
> setting best practices for each other on using technology to support the
> Occupy movement.
>
> The group is at baconbits at lists.riseup.net

great initiative! What do you (and others) think about using the
hackupy-discuss list for that purpose. It's rather low volume so far and
things you discuss for the bay area are probably valuable for other
areas, too. In case this is not the case it could still be moved to a
separate list.

I'd like to avoid having to join all the local lists in order to learn
about good approaches.

> Instructions on joining the list:
> https://help.riseup.net/en/subscribing#how-do-i-subscribe-to-a-list
> Also, we have planned our first face-to-face meeting for Tuesday, 12/6 at
> 6pm at Noisebridge, 2169 Mission Street in San Francisco.

Looking forward to the results of that meeting.

regards
florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC