[foodhackingbase] A Fermentationlab in Brussels is seekingconnections

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Thu Oct 12 20:59:23 CEST 2017

Greetings Yannick and all,
first of all apologies for late reply however Marcel has already shared
the info on our project.

I like the concept which you described as your project. From my point of
view having a shop or restaurant where you can promote fermentation and
generate resources by doing so to cover costs of your living is very
good idea. Combining it with the "next level" experimental unit is a
logical continuation and I can definitely imagine that establishing your
place as a hub for fermentation activities in the future including
workshops, presentations etc. would contribute greatly to the community.

As Marcel already mentioned food hacking base "members" are spread all
around the world and most of us but not all take the food&drink related
activities as hobbies, however some of us are either doing fermentation
professionally or are trying to do so (I'm trying to switch for it full
time so I can make my living by doing so). I would definitely recommend
you to speak with Machtelt who is based in Belgium and is very
experienced in wide spectrum of fermentation, also she has been
participating at fhb for years so she knows what we do and how.

I've to say that doing something on the 11/11 weekend at your place
would be very interesting for me and I think for others too. We are
flexible concerning activities always trying to find compromise which
suits all - long term collaboration is preferred.

I think that would be enough lines for now, please let us know how do
you see it with the 11/11 weekend, we could definitely do something.
Talking about stuff in person is always best I think.

Take care,

Sincerely from Cherbourg, Normandie,

Frantisek

---
Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist, kvasir&hacker

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com