[foodhackingbase] TL; DR I will not be able to join camp, but will donate the ticket fee to the FHB.

egeltje egeltje at hack42.nl
Sun Jul 12 21:32:34 CEST 2015

Dear friends,

Last year I had a cancer tumor removed from my tongue. The surgeon was
pretty optimistic that they got it all with just an operation, so I did not
need any additional treatment like chemo or radiotherapy (phew). He
strongly recommends some follow-up tests to be done a year later and you
guessed it, that is exactly at camp-time.
Although I really looked forward to going to camp, seeing you again and
doing molecular workshops, I value my health more (selfish bastard) and
will be visiting hospital again.

I will donate the camp ticket fee to the building of foodhackingbase and
wish you all a great time!
If there is going to be mate-marmalade again, it would be appreciated if
someone could save a jar for me...

Hope to see you all at OHM2017 (working title).

--egeltje