[foodhackingbase] new mailing list created - experimental incubator, welcome

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Sun Mar 2 14:33:25 CET 2014

Hi to all,
we have a new mailing list dedicated especially to the experimental
incubator project. Many thanks to Steffen who made it happen!

incubator at lists.foodhackingbase.org

If you like to subscribe please send an email to

incubator-subscribe at lists.foodhackingbase.org

and confirm your request when you receive the "confirmation email".

Welcome to this communication media, I will post more tomorrow when I
hope most of us are in, but if you could start to think about
recapitulating what you have done so far on the variety to this topic
related project and summarize it that would be lovely :-)

Marcel already posted question about what type of insulation to use
between two heat sinks which are around 4 mm away from each other
because of the peltier element between them and one being cooled and one
heated. I'll have to sort out the same issue very soon, so far one of
the advices which I got was to get some copper or aluminium ingot which
would be connected to the heat sink and peltier making the distance
between heat sinks greater so more thick insulation could be use - you
would probably have to work the metal somehow so the dimensions are
corresponding. As for the type of insulation the "thing" which is used
on wooden stoves (I think partly around the doors) and looks like a
piece of "rope" but is heat resistant was suggested to me, not sure
about the name and efficiency, anyone knows?

Well that would be taster of the future conversations :-)

Sincerely from Jeju,

FAA

PS Please send this email further to the people who you think should
know about it, thanks!

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com