[foodhackingbase] update on the experimental incubator testing

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Sat Jun 7 15:06:58 CEST 2014

Hi to all,
I've uploaded graphs of the latest Marcel's and my testing of the
experimental incubator:

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Experimental_Incubator/2.1_mamut_tamna

I will play with them more later on at the moment proper legends are
missing and the scales of all graphs are not same which may make
understanding of what is the performance bit hard. Also I need to add
detailed description of the hardware like volume of the chambers, power
of the pelties etc.

Especially Marcel's experiment shows the fine heating potential hitting
over 70C, still the cooling is not doing too well. My heating results
are satisfactory hitting around 50C for culturing many fermented
products which I and we here are into, cooling is definitely not. I
still do not know how to switch polarity of the peltier so the
cooling/heating would be done automatically by program. I need to buy
good h-bridge (ideas?) or make one or use some set of relays (how to do
that?). I'm looking forward for comments!

I wonder if Lars could think about what may be the issue with the
cooling because the Warpzone prototype is doing much better, going down
to around 8C at over 25C outer temperature, right?

Many thanks for any info, I will be working on this in the next few
days, I just cut my hand so no field work for a while and soon I will be
able to type again properly :-)

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com