[Foodhacking_at_camp] Workshop : DYO Sushi

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 15:20:10 CEST 2011

----- Original Message ----
From: mAcfreAk <macfreak109 at gmail.com>
To: foodhacking_at_camp at lists.hackerspaces.org
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2011 12:52:28 PM
Subject: [Foodhacking_at_camp] Workshop : DYO Sushi

Hey guys'n'gals!

>> greetings to you too!

First, I'd like to send a "hi" to the list! My name is mArc (aka mAcfreAk) and I

will be attending the C3 camp this year for the first time. I'm coming with a
bunch of hackers from Luxembourg's hackerspace (syn2cat.lu) and one of my
perferred hacking activities is...you would have guessed it...food hacking ;-))

So, here's my first question to y'all :

I did a Sushi workshop in my space (https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/Sushi) and
that worked rather well.

>> yes sushi is great, we have done few workshops too and the results were very
>>tasty!

I taught people what Sushi was and how to do your own Sushi at home. It was
rather a success and many participants did try this at home, depsite they were
not professionals!
I wanted to do the same @ the campsite, although, I'm not sure how your
foodhacking is taking place...

>> great idea, do it

I read about the kitchen and dining tables but am lacking the details on how
this is supposed to happen. Could anyone fill me in please? Is it possible to do

workshops there? If yes, how? Where can I publsih this workshop?

>> there will  be as many workshops as people want to do. One of the options is to
>>
>>prepare the sushi for the hackers on the plain, which means that we can go
>>through the budget and it will be covered. Each hacker on the plain is currently
>>
>>paying 10 EU per day, so we should ask people who are participating in eating to
>>
>>put some cash in too or bring some ingredients. We have to also think about the
>
>>times when the workshop happens so we buy the things in advance and we do the
>>event in the time when there is a place in the kitchen or around - there will be
>>
>>several food hacking areas within the base.
I'm now preparing the model of the food hacking base, it will take me several
days to make the 3D model/proposal.

Thanks for getting back at me!

Cheers!

mArc.

>> I should be sending more info today or tomorrow. Page to sign workshops is here
>>once I sort out why I can not log in I'll create workshop page.

Sincerely,

Frantisek

mAcfreAk        -      founder seeds.lu
    founding member syn2cat.lu