[Foodhacking_at_camp] news, budget, shifts etc.

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 14:04:32 CEST 2011

Hello!

So I've got some good news.

Nick Farr who is in charge of Hackers on the Plain project send me some info +
few more news.

1) we have budget of 2400 EU for food and max 1000 EU for equipment. There
should be around 50 people to cater for.

2) people involved with the food hacking base/helping for few hours per day
(maybe 3-4 h) can have access to the food buffet for the day (I'm very glad to
hear about this one).

3) we will do a shopping with Jeedi probably on 5/8 for equipment so we will
have a nice lead on this one

4) the prices of the wish list should be posted today if I manage to get through
them and get back the ball to Jeedi ...

5) I should be able to get very good quality wine - 50 l of red wine and 50 l of
white wine from Moravia region of Czech Republic for a good price (around 1.4 EU
per litter, local producer who's wine I've personally tasted)  and also some
really high quality teas and "herbal teas" again for a good price from a local
vendor who I know.

6) I've got already several types of seaweed hear in Ireland (Atlantic coast) -
dillisk, nori, kombu etc. (I got them few months ago but they should be still
fine) I'll be getting some more tomorrow from a local guy at the market, so
please if you have some special wish please let me know (Evina)! Sorry for the
short notice but I'll see him just tomorrow and he has good stuff (even smoked
seaweed). I plan to buy around 0.5- 1 kg of nutritional yeast here in Ireland if
it is OK with you, this brand is good and price is alright.

7) We will have to develop wiki based system of shifts and workshop time
schedules, the angel system is suppose to be too complicated to apply.

Well that can be enough for a short update. I'll try to post some dishes today
and make a bit work on the shift/workshop schedule.

Sincerely,

Frantisek