[foodhacking] logo proposal uploaded

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 09:28:50 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
I've uploaded Food Hacking Base logo proposal which I did as a jpg to our temporary section.

It is very simple hack using Evina's artwork as base. I added few things which you may/may not like:

- DNA helix with few A-T, C-G to show that molecular biology is also in the game and the link to the genetic based hereditary information

- the helix is transformed to electronic symbols, the first is diode (could be changed for voltage source or switch), second bulb for the enlightenment, third is inductor symbolizing I hope generation of "warmth" (from my point of view) leading to a heart

- the glass is standing on a plate with chop sticks instead of classical fork, pointing out the international style and the knife to keep it simple to understand

- FHB letters around the hearth

I did not included or I changed:

- laughing vegetables/fruits because that is way to advanced for me :-) it would be lovely to have them there they are cool

- I reshaped the hat for a glass to strengthen our brewing activities and also trying to link it a bit to the "ambrosia" legend but the magic hat is cool too so not sure ...

So how do you see it? It seems to me a bit "empty" around and certainly without colours ... I wonder if there are not too many symbols?

Anyway please change it, hack it or come completely with something new, we need logo soon! If you can do some magic Evina that would be great!

Sincerely,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker